Friday, October 9, 2009

John, I've got an advice for you...

I've got an advice for Mr. John Hoe.

Mr. Hoe, there's one thing that make me unsure of your determination. You see, quoting your answer on this question:

"I asked Mr Hoe how he would feel if he regained the 10kg he had lost. He replied: "If my stamina has increased, my body muscle has increased, I don't mind that ... I will still continue with the exercise.""

I agree with you that whatever happen you should continue with the exercise. But the word in blue simply giving me the impression that you don't have the determination to do it. You don't have the do-or-die mentality yet.

This what failed me for years. I did have had some weight loss from 88Kg to 78 Kg some years back. Pretty amazing though. What happen is I started to get complacent with my "achievement" and I started to losing it. Before I know it, the needle runs back to 85 in a short time.

I'm not advising you to follow my footsteps or anything but to radically change your lifestyle, I believe you need to radically change your mind. Make it do-or-die situation. Set a target and timeframe and get yourself rewarded if you can reach it... So long the reward is not food.

Another advice is never ever go on a diet! Dieting means you only temporarily changing your eating habit. You need to change the eating habit radically and PERMANENTLY. Never ever think that you only have to hold your appetite until you reach your goal. You, or shall I say, WE, need to change our entire lifestyle, not until you reach the goal, but permanently.

Nevertheless, John. You did a great first step. You want to live longer to see your loved ones and perhaps one day holding your own grandchildren. This is one lady that inspire me to lose weight, live longer and share more love to others. (she never need to lose weight, though) If you do read this post, I wish I could see you one year from now, a brand new you.

Good luck and all the best to you John! We're cheering for your commitment.

1 comment:

  1. stuju chris,, gw juga ga stuju ma yg namanya diet.. jiayou chris, pokonya lo jangan malu2in temen lo dgn pake red bra lari2 di city lo ! hehe jk

    ReplyDelete